Omnia Oven Recipe - Chocolate Marble Cake
This show stopper cake is a feast for the eyes and always creates an impact when presented to family and friends. Our chocolate marble cake Omnia Oven recipe combines chocolate cake and vanilla cake which is great for the indecisive who can't pick between the two and it tastes amazing too!
A chocolate marble cake is surprisingly easy to make and is also super fun - it's a great family friendly Omnia recipe which is great for kids (or big kids!) to help with.
We have created the recipe below so it can be made vegan or not - whichever suits you best.
Campervan Baking with an Omnia Stove Top Oven
We cook and bake all our cakes and all our food which needs oven cooking in an Omnia oven. It’s a fantastic bit of kit that allows you to oven cook on the stove and so you don’t have to have a built in oven.
To see some of our favourite bakes and cooking recipes that we have used the Omnia oven for see our blogs here:
For the purposes of this blog we will provide the recipe and method for baking the chocolate marble cake in an Omnia Oven, however, if you have a built in oven the same principles apply - just use a cake tin instead of the Omnia tin.
How To Bake a Cake in an Omnia Oven
It’s simple - you just put the cake mixture in the Omnia and then place on top of the hob.
We just have 2 bits of advice for baking cakes in an Omnia oven:
1. Cook on a much lower flame than normal - otherwise your cake might get a burnt bum!
2. Use an Omnia silicone liner - It makes getting the cakes out much easier and are also much nicer to clean.
How to Make a Chocolate Marble Cake Vegan
It’s easy - we use egg replacer, vegan margarine (flora buttery) and soya milk. Below we provide vegan and non vegan ingredients to create this recipe.
Chocolate Marble Cake Ingredients
- 225g self-raising flour
- 225g white caster sugar
- 225g butter (or vegan margarine)
- 4 eggs (or 4 tsp of egg replacer and 8 tbs water)
- 3 tbs milk (or soya milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of cocoa powder
Step by Step Method for Making a Chocolate Marble Cake
1. Grease the Omnia oven tin (or liner) with margarine.
2. Beat together the butter and caster sugar. Then add 4 eggs (or egg replacer and water) little by little mixing well.
3. Fold in the self raising flour, 3 tbs milk (or soya milk) and vanilla extract until your mixture is smooth.
4. Put half of the mixture in a separate bowl and stir in the cocoa powder into one of the bowls.
5. Using 2 separate spoons use them to place in a spoonful of each mixture into the Omnia Oven one at a time. When all the mixture is in the Omnia use a skewer to swirl around the mixture a few times
6. Bake for approx 50 mins on a low flame until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and transfer to a plate to cool fully.
There you have it - an impressive looking chocolate marble cake that tastes divine!
Please do contact us if you have any questions and please also do share photos with us of your chocolate marble creation. Tag us on instagram or facebook using @brownbirdandcompany. Please also feel free to leave a comment below.
If you are looking to buy an Omnia Oven or any accessories then please take a look at our Omnia Oven UK Shop here.