Dolomiti will soon be FOR SALE she is currently being prepared to bring her up to spec of a new conversion. If you are interested in this campervan please CONTACT US.
She was bought to be a little adventure van that we could really get creative with the use of space. We had always fancied the challenge of creating a medium wheelbase van that uses every bit of space allowing us to downsize from a long wheel base van.
We have managed this by using lots of sliding cupboards and drawers which utilise the garage space but we can access very easily in the living space. We have also made adaptations to the kitchen to give us extra space including a pull out larder cupboard (which had to be built from scratch for a shallow depth cupboard) and a hidden drawer in the utensil drawer.
Our aim with Dolomiti was to incorporate all the elements we loved in Scafell (our first van) which were things like the large practical kitchen, live edge worktop, white open feel, copper lights etc but utilise a smaller space better by use of clever storage which we are delighted to have achieved.
Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter 314
Colour: Stone coloured wrap with black sills and bonnet
Wheelbase: Medium wheel base
Mileage when converted: 104,000
Payload following conversion: 800kg
Berths: 2 She can be adapted to 3 birth
- Full size working kitchen with beautiful live edge Pippy Oak worktop and flip up matching kitchen extension. We make full on roast dinners, cakes, bread etc in the van with lots of room for chopping and baking using the Omnia oven on the hob. We have also handmade a slide out larder cupboard which gives lots of extra storage for spices and bottles.
- Thetford 922 hob – 2 burner hob with electric ignition
- Soft close drawers all have 9kg pull strength magnets to prevent them from opening when travelling and maintain a sleek kitchen finish.
- Round stainless steel sink with handmade copper tap and Whale 12v water pump with switch.
- 2 x Copper and pippy oak shelves which match the worktop
- Water 60 litres (We like to use 10 litre jerry cans which can be filled up anywhere including fountains, streams, fuel stations etc. Sometimes it can be tricky to fill up permanently fitted tanks if there isn’t a hose which is why we went for easily removable jerry cans).
- 40L Fridge
- Mood LED lighting around bedframe with lovely Dolomite mountain light feature
- Bespoke LED copper ceiling light
- 4 x bespoke LED copper kitchen downlighters
- 3 x bespoke LED copper down lights that come on when the camper doors are opened
- Two sofa benches with storage underneath and cupboard for dometic 976 portable toilet.
- Pet cubby hole under bench
- 2 x drawers on one side of the bed and a massive sliding drawer on the other side all of which use the often wasted upper garage space.
- Beautiful oak pull out table with 75kg hidden sliders
- Eberspacher diesel heater with 3 years parts and labour warranty (We only use excellent quality German diesel heaters that are built to last rather than cheaper Chinese alternatives)
Shower and Toilet
- Dometic 976 portable toilet
- Pop up shower system More info on this here.
- Fixed width ways double bed with memory foam mattress with pull out section which allows you to sleep length ways (great for tall people!)
Garage Area Under Bed
- There is a large garage space underneath the bed which contains:
- Water container box on heavy duty sliders make it super easy to get the jerry cans in and out.
- 4 x 10 Ltr Water Containers
- Electrics cupboard with hinged door to keep everything safe
- Open storage space for extra equipment such as hiking and climbing gear, inflatable kayak etc
- ABSO charging system with DC to DC charger and MPPT
- 1500 Pure sine wave inverter (remote controlled)
- 1 x 150ah Lifepo Lithium leisure battery
- 8 x USB charging sockets (bed and seating area)
- 1 x 3 pin plug socket for use via inverter
- 1 x battery capacity voltmeter and temperature monitor
- Victron battery charger with inbuilt bluetooth connectivity enables access to the VictronConnect app. Connected to the batteries permanently
- 2 x 150 watt and 2 x 100 watt semi-flexible monocrystalline solar panels (500 watt total solar capacity)
- Maxxair deluxe fan with smoke lid and remote control
- Spray foam insulation throughout
- 1 x opening side window and 1 fixed side window
- Rear door ladder
- Rear door wheel carrier
- Black Rhino Arsenal alloy wheels
- Michelin Agillis cross climate tyres
We also made sure the side bumper trims were sealed and holes all cleared out to prevent any water damage underneath to the bodywork and inside insulation.
Dolomiti has had a lot of security put on her so we always had peace of mind. She has had the following fitted:
- Ghost immobiliser system