Chamonix will be the first van we will be making available to hire. Laura has hired out 2 of her previous vans in the past so we have plenty of experience but this will be the first Brown Bird & Co van available to hire.
As we are keeping Chamonix for ourselves it is giving us more free rein to experiment with our design so she will look a little different to our other vans whilst keeping the same tried and test functionality. Expect to see sumptuous dark colours including a black ceiling with solid oak slatted timber. Of course we will still be keeping the live edge pippy oak worktop with the highly functional kitchen but there will be some extra different touches to her.
We are really excited about this one so watch this space for more info. We anticipate having her available to hire out from mid/end December 2021. Oh and did we tell you she is pet friendly?! (1 small / medium sized dog).
Why Hire from us?
Our aim with Chamonix is to provide a luxurious B&B on wheels for adventurous hirers to go and have the trip of a lifetime. We will be providing top spec equipment and accessories all contained within a super reliable campervan that is easy to drive with a parking camera too. We want to provide a boutique hotel experience as we strongly believe that when you are on holiday you want to come home at the end of your days adventures and feel like you are coming back to ultimate luxury.
The full spec for Chamonix is below but here is a short list of what you can expect to get when hiring her from us:
- Welcome hamper
- Complimentary bottle of bubbly
- Dog welcome pack if you bring your pooch
- Enough gas for cooking for the duration of your trip
- Campervan road trip guides for popular destinations including Scotland, Lake District, Northumberland, North Wales, Yorkshire and the Peak District. These guides which are written by us include amazing places to visit and also some park ups and campsites we recommend using. Where possible we will also include area guide books if we have them for the place you are going to.
Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter 314
Colour: White with black raptor painted sills and a black bonnet
Wheelbase: Medium wheel base
Mileage when converted: 75,000
Payload following conversion: TBC but likely to be 700-800KG
- Full size working kitchen with beautiful live edge Pippy Oak worktop and flip up matching kitchen extension. Kitchen colour TBC.
- Thetford 922 hob – 2 burner hob with electric ignition
- Soft close drawers all have 9kg pull strength magnets to prevent them from opening when travelling and maintain a sleek kitchen finish.
- Round stainless steel sink with handmade copper tap and Whale 12v water pump with switch.
- 2 x Copper and pippy oak shelves which match the worktop
- Water 60 litres (We like to use 10 litre jerry cans which can be filled up anywhere including fountains, streams, fuel stations etc. Sometimes it can be tricky to fill up permanently fitted tanks if there isn’t a hose which is why we went for easily removable jerry cans).
- 40L Fridge/Freezer
- Flip up shelf to aid outdoor dining
- Mood LED lighting around bedframe with lovely Chamonix mountain light feature
- Bespoke LED copper ceiling light
- 4 x bespoke LED copper kitchen downlighters
- 3 x bespoke LED copper down lights that come on when the camper doors are opened
- Two sofa benches with storage underneath and cupboard for dometic 976 portable toilet.
- Pet cubby hole under bench
- 1 x storage cupboard under bed
- 1 x storage cupboard under bed containing bed extension foam
- Beautiful oak pull out table with 75kg hidden sliders
- Eberspacher diesel heater with 3 years parts and labour warranty (We only use excellent quality German diesel heaters that are built to last rather than cheaper Chinese alternatives)
Shower and Toilet
- Dometic 976 portable toilet
- Joolca Hottap hot water shower
- Fixed width ways double bed with memory foam mattress with pull out section which allows you to sleep length ways (great for tall people!)
- 3rd berth which which is made up from the sofa benches and sofa cushions
Garage Area Under Bed
- There is a huge garage space underneath the bed which contains:
- Water container box on heavy duty sliders make it super easy to get the jerry cans in and out.
- 4 x 10 Ltr Water Containers
- Electrics cupboard with hinged door to keep everything safe
- Open storage space for extra equipment such as hiking and climbing gear, inflatable kayak etc
- ABSO charging system with DC to DC charger and MPPT
- 1500 Pure sine wave inverter (remote controlled)
- 1 x 150ah Lifepo Lithium leisure battery
- 8 x USB charging sockets (bed and seating area)
- 2 x 3 pin plug socket for use with inverter
- 1 x battery capacity voltmeter and temperature monitor
- Victron battery charger with inbuilt bluetooth connectivity enables access to the VictronConnect app. Connected to the batteries permanently
- 2 x 150 watt semi-flexible monocrystalline solar panels (300 watt total solar capacity)
- Maxxair deluxe fan with smoke lid and remote control
- Celotex, spray foam and earth wool with silver bubble wrap and aluminium tape vapour barrier.
- 1 x opening side window and 1 fixed side window
- Rear door ladder
- Michelin Agillis cross climate tyres
Additional Extras available to Hire
- Omnia stove top oven
- Horizon portable wood burner
- Frontier portable wood burner
- Inflatable Kayak
- Luxury bedding for 2 or 3
- Scrubba portable wash bag
- Collection from local airports or train stations